Waste Industries Operations Supervisor II in Newport, North Carolina
Operations Supervisor IIatWaste Industries USA, Inc
Not ready to Apply?
Select, supervise and train employees in their respective position to ensure safe, professional and efficient service in assigned branch. Provide leadership which results in positive employee/employer relations and a professional corporate image.
• Recruit, interview, hire, train and discipline all product line personnel.• Addresses complaints and resolves problems as they arise.• Ensure fair treatment of all personnel.• Establish and maintain high appearance standards throughout all operations.• Practice progressive discipline with all employee performance issues.• Ensure proper completion of paperwork for drivers including truck reports, driver logs and vehicle inspections daily.• Ensure proper scheduling of drivers and toter/helpers.• Conduct an annual review on each employee's job performance evaluation and submit for approval any changes to an employee's compensation.• Adhere to all wage and hour guidelines.
• Establish priorities to meet customer service commitments.• Monitor customer satisfaction by ensuring daily completion of routes, customer receipt of containers and pick-ups of special and missed stops. Resolve customer complaints and issues• Assist in the completion of scheduled route audits.• Confer with Shop Supervisor to arranging for equipment to be released from service for inspection, service and repair.• Direct collection and disposal services to best utilize personnel and equipment.• Establish and review productivity standards at each phase of the operation.• Protect and preserve all assets.• Ensure all drivers are DOT compliant.• Be familiar with and ensure compliance with all DOT regulations.• Enter appropriate product line productivity into operating system on a daily basis.• Maintain inventory of supplies (i.e., gloves, Gatorade, safety equipment, etc) with authorization of Facility/General Manager.• Gather information required for monthly fuel report.
• Assist in development and execution of an operation profit plan that includes:• Revenue retention & growth• Cost of operations• Growth objectives• Productivity standards• Capital requirements• Personnel needed• Ensure Branch profit margins are met• Follow and promote internal audit requirements
• Promote an effective safety program that seeks to prevent accidents, avoid injuries and recognize safe employees.• Investigate accidents and prepare necessary paperwork.• Ensure route observations are completed on a routine basis.• Schedule, plan, and conduct safety meetings (monthly).• Ensure proper supply and usage of all safety equipment.
Education, Training, Experience and Licensing/Certification Requirements:
• High School diploma or general education degree (GED) required.• Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred.• Prior experience in the waste industry or transportation industry and/or experience driving trucks preferred.• At least one (1) year supervisory experience OR one (1) year as a Waste Industries’ Lead Driver required.
Waste Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable employees to perform their jobs.
Not ready to Apply?
Share Withhttps://www.jobs.net/jobs/waste-industries/en-us/job/United-States/Operations-Supervisor-II/J3R2P772FJ9ZCHRX0FT/Operations Supervisor II
Job Type:Management, Transportation