Easter Seals Administrative Assistant-New Bern, NC in New Bern, North Carolina
Administrative Assistant-New Bern, NC
Full-time*; posted:* Friday, Jan 26 2018
Easterseals UCP North Carolina & Virginia
Send resume to:
Gwen Miller New Bern, North Carolina
- Position Classification: (Full-Time or Part-Time)
- *Responsibilities: *
Answers phone calls.
Assists with check-in and check-out of participants and staff.
Prepares and files billing and paperwork according to program requirements, accurately and within designated time lines.
Manages and oversees online participant database/program and acts as liaison to CampBrain support staff.
Completes invoicing, collection of payments, manual accruals, depositing of monies, and other program related finance/billing tasks
Prepares for and actively participates in staff onboarding as requested.
Attends all staff meetings.
Completes required training within prescribed timeframes
Follows all Easter Seals and program policies, rules and regulations.
Maintains regular attendance and punctuality, manages use of PTO time (if applicable), and follows all policies and procedures regarding time off.
Must demonstrate Easter Seals valued behaviors of Accountability, Commitment and Caring as appropriate to position.
Other tasks as assigned by the Director and Assistant Director.
- As requested and as time allows, assist with duties of Recreational Paraprofessionals.
Assists in daily and weekly clean-ups.
Shows and encourages respect for personal property, program equipment, and facilities.
Sets an example for participants and others through cleanliness, sharing, good sportsmanship, and other appropriate behaviors.
Fulfills assigned roles in enforcing safety regulations and emergency procedures.
Minimum of 18 years of age, High School diploma or equivalent appropriately accredited by the appropriate state department of education, 1 year of college or university accredited by an entity approved by USDOE or CHEA preferred
- Valid, unrestricted, state appropriate driver’s license; good driving record
Knowledge skills and abilities**
Enthusiastic interest in working with children and adults with various disabilities
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people while demonstrating respect and consideration for staff and participants
- Ability to communicate effectively and positively with staff members and participants to provide a safe and healthy environment
- Ability to identify and respond to environmental and other hazards related to daily program activities
- Exhibits enthusiasm, creativity, and a sense of humor
Behavior reflects core values of accountability, commitment and caring.
Equipment Used: Telephone, Copier, Calculator, Fax, Personal computer and related software.
Essential physical requirements:
Must possess the visual acuity to develop written correspondence and determine accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Must be able to physically perform the basic life operational functions of talking, hearing, sitting for long periods of time and performing repetitive motions, such as using a computer.
- Must be able to speak audibly, write legibly and perform repetitive motions such as keyboarding.
- Physical ability to transfer participants in and out of wheelchairs, push participants in wheelchairs, and assist participants with activities of daily living
- Some lifting of office and program supplies may be requested.