Northrop Grumman Quality Control Analyst 3 (MCAS Cherry Point NC) in MCAS Cherry Point, North Carolina
Quality Control Analyst 3 (MCAS Cherry Point NC)
Requisition ID: 18004568
Location(s): United States-North Carolina-MCAS Cherry Point
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Northrop Grumman is seekinga Quality Control Analyst to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located at the Fleet Readiness Center - East (FRC-E), MCAS Cherry Point, NC.
Where Technology and Teamwork come together... The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Department of the Navy F-35 B/C Maintenance, Repair, Overhaul and Upgrade (MRO&U) organization within the Global Sustainment organization of Northrop Grumman Technology Services (NGTS).
In this exciting position, your roles and responsibilities will include:
• Act as Quality Assurance interface providing high level of direct engagement, partnership and collaboration between Program Sustainment Quality (Fort Worth), Depot Leadership, MRO&U personnel, Data Quality Integration Management, Configuration Management, Autonomic Logistics Information System (ALIS), suppliers, partners, and customers.
• Ensure implementation of Quality Assurance Plans, policies and audit schedules with MRO&U personnel. Working directly with depot artisans for interpretation/alignment of process specifications and industry best practices.
• Perform periodic audits of Quality Processes; such as Ground operations, Foreign Object Damage (FOD) and Tool Control, Control of Nonconforming material, Safety, Procedure compliance, calibration and other Quality processes. Assist in AS9110 Audit Plan development, audit execution, Root Cause Investigation, Corrective Action Plans and continuous improvement of overall Quality Management System.
• Review Modification Planning to ensure appropriate inspection points are incorporated. Partnering/Participating in verification/validation of Time Compliance Technical Directives (TCTD’s).
• Coordinate with JSF Sustainment Center Fort Worth and CONUS Depot Q&MS personnel on quality issues and information flow of site activities and program issues.
• Train personnel on Quality Assurance systems for documenting non-conformance items.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
Bachelor's degree in related discipline (an additional 4 years experience may be in lieu of a BS)
Minimum 6 years’ experience in aircraft maintenance with knowledge of aircraft systems/structures, modification practices, coatings applications, specifications, and inspection criteria. Specific experience with modification completion and customer closure processes.
Strong working knowledge of FOD/Tool Control processes, AS9110 Quality Management System. Capable of developing Quality Assurance Plans and policies
Ability to read and interpret Engineering drawings/specifications and apply their intent for evaluating acceptance of quality products. Experience with Engineering Drawing systems, Quality Systems (QADS/SQAR) and Lockheed Martin's Automated Logistics Information systems (ALIS).
Prior experience conducting causal analyses/problem solving, corrective and preventive action, continuous improvement methods and techniques will be required to support aircraft level issues. Proficient with documenting structural nonconformance(s) and interfacing with MRB personnel.
Ability to effectively promote understanding of performance expectations, technical instructions and verification requirements for process and product compliance.
Ability to work independently and without direct supervision and must have excellent communication teaming skills.
Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
Position requires a current Secret Clearance
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
• Autonomic Logistics Information System (ALIS) Operation
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Quality Control Analyst 3 (MCAS Cherry Point NC)
Location: North Carolina-MCAS Cherry Point
Requisition ID: 18004568