3HC-Home Health and Hospice Care LPN, HH/Hospice Nurse (Kinston) in Kinston, North Carolina
Location: Kinston, NC
Full-time HHN/Hospice LPN is responsible for administering skilled nursing care to home health and hospice patients requiring intermittent professional nursing services as outlined on the patient's individualized plan of care delegated by the RN.
Essential functions of HHN/Hospice LPN :
- Abides by and supports 3HC's Compliance Program and Code of Ethics. 3HC's Compliance motto is "Compliance for all and all for Compliance". It is the intent of 3HC to comply with all applicable laws and regulations and that spirit is embedded in all aspects of our services and business practices. Our success hinges on doing things ethically and legally, to which, each and every employee plays a critical role.
- Creates positive experiences for internal and external customers that will meet their expectations. (External customers include our patients, families, referral sources, vendors, the community, etc. Internal customers are the people within the agency with whom you work.) Displays a high degree of courtesy, tact, and knowledge of services provided by the agency in all contact with staff, patients, and visitors.
- Assists office with achieving positive patient outcomes and provides comfort to patient/family to facilitate quality of life and death with dignity: (a) performs competently all skills, treatments and procedures as outlined in the patient’s individualized plan of care, according to 3HC's policies and procedures and as allowed by the Practice Act of the N. C. Board of Nursing; (b) observes signs and symptoms and reports to the RN, reactions to treatments, including drugs and changes in the patient's physical or emotional condition; (c) adequately reinforces teaching completed by the RN and counsels the patient and family members regarding the nursing care needs, preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedure as appropriate for the patient's care and safety, as assigned by RN; (d) assist the RN or physician in performing specialized procedures and duties, (e) assist patient's family and other health care team members in providing continuity of care and meeting the emotional needs of the patient and immediate family members , and (f) reports outcome of any unscheduled visits to the RN within 24 hours of the provision of service.
- Assist with the on-going observation of the patient's physical and mental health and home environment by: (a) gathers and documents specific data according to the patient’s individualized plan of care and skilled nursing report, (b) recognizes existing relations between data gathered and patient's health status and treatment plan, (c) determines a patient's need for immediate nursing intervention based upon data gathered and in compliance with parameters on the Plan of Care.
- Documents in the medical record electronically and downloads patient information in McKesson periodically throughout the day: (a) those services rendered to the patient; (b) clinical and progress notes, conferences held with the physician and other disciplines, physician, or community resources; (c) changes noted in the patient's condition and/or family home situation; (d) revisions in the care plan with supervision by the RN (e) and submits downloads all paperwork including time and travel daily (f) Updates medication profile with each medicinal change. (g) Keeps up-to-date on reimbursement criteria, hospice criteria, PPS, and charting needs for all patients under care including private authorization. Responds within 48 hours to requests for documentation correction/completion.
- Collaborates with supervisor to meet agency’s clinical needs. Rotates weekend, after hours, and holiday on-call: with an RN on back up call. Assists with coverage of visits in other offices as assigned.
- Maintains regular communication with supervisor. Communicates problems of the patient(s) on a timely basis following chain of command. Communicates information using current process and technology available to 3HC.
- Stays abreast of overall patient care and improves nursing care skills: (a) participates in office staff meetings, patient care conferences, record audits, utilization reviews, quality improvement activities, and in-services; (b) attends and participates in interdisciplinary team conferences/ IDG at least 75% of the time; (c) attends agency mandatory in-services and satisfies CEU requirements of the State Board of Nursing; and (d) strives to improve nursing care through continuing education, active participation in professional and related organizations and individual research and readings.
- Demonstrates a willingness to be cost effective in the use of agency resources, the monitoring of waste, and the proper and safe use of supplies and equipment.
- Adheres to 3HC's Personnel Policy and performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Licensed Practical Nurse currently licensed to practice nursing in the state of North Carolina.
Minimum of two-years of experience as a nurse in an acute care setting preferred.
Maintain current CPR certification (BCLS)
Must be dependable and capable of dealing pleasantly and tactfully with patients, family, staff, providers, and the public
Must be competent to perform delegated tasks to facilitate positive patient outcomes as indicated in the patient's individualized a plan of care
Possess valid Driver's License and reliable transportation
Job Code: 2018:1970
Department: Skilled Nursing
FT/PT Status: Full Time